Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Except...

"Vicki, your paperwork looks perfect except for..."
As I read those words on Friday I was thinking, "no, it just can't be".
Adoption is definitely an emotionally up and down adventure.  
I had to shake myself into action and quickly look over the document (s) that had interrupted my seemingly "perfect" dossier with the word ... "except" .        
Ok, no time to get down about it, I have to deal with this.
As it turns out, on the "questionnaire" document they ask for the home study agency name and I hadn't changed it to show the new home study agency. Sigh...remember I mentioned that our home study agency had been put on the Russian black list because of a missed post placement?  It wasn't her fault, the adoption agency (not ours), which is out of business now had turned in post placements 3 and 4 but not 1 and 2 that the home study agency sent them. 
Sound confusing?  It is.
Bottom line, I forgot to change the name to show the new home study agency that is not on the blacklist so that we could get our paperwork finished and on it's way.

The good news is that I was able to change the name, get it notarized and It has been sent to the Secretary of the State (6 hours from us) to be apostilled.  I am hoping that it comes back next week.
 Other good news is that the rest of our paperwork has made it to Moscow.  It is scheduleded to arrive in Vladivostok on Friday.
I have no idea when the officials there will look at it but I am praying that it will be soon and that we will receive our invitation to travel to meet our sweet little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment